6.10.2006

Saturday Night Lullabye

Growing up, my Nana would often babysit my brother and me on Saturday nights. That meant we would watch what she wanted to on television. And that always meant an hour spent with Lawrence Welk and his merry band of entertainers.

All these years later, at 7 pm on Saturday, I still think about Norma Zimmer the Champagne Lady, A-Bobby and A-Cissy, and Myron Floren and his accordian. And, of course, Nana. But she is really with me each and every night as I put Will to bed. For this is the song we sing together right before he says his prayers:

Good night, sleep tight,
and pleasant dreams to you.
Here's a wish and a prayer
that all your dreams come true.
So now until we meet again,
Adios, au revoir, auf Wiedersehen

Good Night!


Now that he knows this song, it might be time to introduce a little Hee Haw into his repertoire.

This ditty could come in handy in many different circumstances; it has served me well over the years:

Where oh where are you tonight?
Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the world over and I thought I'd found true love.
But you met another and PFFFT!
You was gone.


With these gems under his belt, he just might be ready for TV Themes 101...

No comments: