1.14.2007

... Of the Day

Phrase...
Oh, how I love Urban Dictionary.
shop naked: to shop for items online; to buy things from an online store.
I think I'm going to save myself a lot of holiday shopping hassles and just shop naked.
Heh. I do believe I am the Queen of shopping naked. At least that's what the good people at Amazon.com tell me.

Songs...
An oldie but a goodie: "I Hate Myself for Loving You" by Joan Jett. Good for singing along with very loudly. Actually, I think that's a pre-requisite for singing that song.

And "Gold Lion" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Also good for singing along with. Which I'll do as soon as I learn all the words. Hate singing along and then "mumble mumble mumble" because I don't know the lyrics.

Pastime...
Watching some really good football. Great NFL playoff games this weekend, with three out of the four the teams I wanted to win coming out on top. That San Diego loss was painful, as I think that LT is a class act. Tough end to a stellar year. Go Colts. Go Saints.

Accomplishment...
Day 14 of TDD (That Damn Diet) and still going strong. Not ready to celebrate just yet (my tuchus is still the poster child for the maximus part of gluteus maximus -- I love Wikipedia's definition: The gluteus maximus is the largest and most superficial of the three gluteal muscles. No shit.) but progress is being made. And I've even learned to love my antioxident energy drink. Who says you can't retrain taste buds -- it's frankly no mocha shake from Steak & Shake, but it's not half bad. I am one with my WW points calculator. And it is one with me. We are simpatico.

At least for the moment.