5.19.2007

Smoke Still Gets In Your Eyes

It was in the air again this morning. The smell of smoke. Something burning somewhere. Not nearly as bad as last week, when a glance outside brought a sight akin to nuclear winter.

I finally downloaded the myriad pictures from the digital camera. Which included this one, taken last week on the day that our local weather prognosticators deemed The One with the Worst Air Quality Ever.



That's my neighbor's house in the shot -- the nutty merchant marine dude. His green truck. His ladder. His front yard picnic table. Got me to thinking about his hammock set-up from last summer. Wonder if it's about time to whip that one out again.

Seizing a chance to use my newly-honed Paint skills, I created an artist's rendering of that tableau. Be warned -- it's a masterpiece the likes of which you've probably never seen before. Nor will again (because hopefully, my technique will improve.)



Fantastic, isn't it?

Don't say I didn't warn you.

1 comment:

SusanD said...

This picture kills me. Love the drawing of the hammock in it!