8.14.2007

Growing Pains

My baby is growing up. Right before my eyes.

Next week, he starts kindergarten. Cannot believe it. Yes, he's been in school for the past two and a half years -- but there's a big difference between Pre-K and full strength kindergarten.

I also heard him singing a medley of '80s songs earlier today, while playing with his trucks. It was a bit of Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" with Human League's "Don't You Want Me Baby." Apparently he was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar and wants you to take him home tonight because don't you want him baby. He's five, by the way.

And this morning, while I was helping him brush his teeth after breakfast, I noticed something that looked like a stubborn bit of oatmeal in his teeth. Turns out it's a grown-up tooth. And the one in front of it (front bottom lower) is a'wigglin'.

He's not a baby anymore. *Sob*

No comments: