8.21.2007

Juxtaposition

The High

Kindergarten: Day One

After a rough start (very quiet and shy upon arrival) Young William rocked the house and totally impressed his new teacher. He showed off his counting and ABC skills, spelled his name and pointed out colors.

Tomorrow: nuclear physics and a discertation on the comedies of Shakespeare.

Whew.

The Low

Just got off the phone with my dad. My mother has been scheduled on Friday for a follow-up mammogram and testing because of a suspicious nodule that showed up on her annual mammo.

Breast cancer runs in the family.

She hasn't said anything to me about it, so I'm not supposed to know. (My dad has a BIG mouth -- can't keep a secret.)

Tears are flowing, but I cannot tell the happy from the scared. Intermingling as they stream down my cheeks.

Too many emotions. Too compact a vessel.

No comments: