2.11.2008

Cheese of the Week

Peter Cetera. "One Good Woman."




In my Top Two Guilty Pleasure Songs of All Time. Pop Fluff? Yep. Schmaltzy? Completely.

I'm crazy about Peter Cetera's voice. Always have been. And the video -- so '80s, it's fab.

But it's the musical hook and the lyrics that totally melt me...

You bring out the best in me
With love and understanding
Anytime I need some understanding
You are always there

And if I ever lose my way
You're always there to guide me
Anyone can see you're here inside me
Anyone can see it

You bring me feelin'
You bring me fire
You give me a love that's taking me higher
It just goes to prove
What one good woman can do

You fill me with hope
With love and devotion
You taught me how to show my emotion
It just goes to prove
What one good woman can do


See. Melting already. Oh, what I wouldn't give to hear those words spoken just to me... sigh.

No comments: