2.13.2008

Pop Culturista


In case you didn't know, I love TV. The fact that the writers' strike seems to be over is making me giddy with delight.

But... I have a really soft spot for classic TV, especially sitcoms. TV Land and I are likethis.

And... in case you didn't know, I have a HUGE appreciation for camp. Flamboyance. Over-the-top. It's for me.

These pieces, by artist Isabel Samaras cover both of those bases. (Warning: some of the pieces on her site are NSFW --Not Safe For Work-- or for young eyes.)

And on a day like today, when it's raining and I've got a case of the Blues and Will has been a terror both at home (throwing tantrums!) and at school (sent to time out!) and I have to be peppy and energetic for my pre-school choir in a couple of hours when all I want to do is stay home and cry and pull a blanket over my head, these are a welcome respite.

Miss Grant on the Half-Shell


From MJ's Joan of Arc period

Sergeant-at-Arms Herman

No comments: