4.29.2008

Live Long and Prosper. It's TMI Tuesday.

1. Early bird or night owl?
While in my soul, I’m a night owl, in reality, I’m an early bird. A really early bird, thanks to this damn insomnia that I wrestle with. Ugh. I’d like to blame my bladder for it, but in reality I wake up in the wee small hours regardless of whatever my urinary system tells me. It’s genetic, this thing. My mom also wakes up at odd hours -- always has. She calls it her “spooking around time.” What that entails, I'm never been quite sure. Me -- I either watch the telly (thank goodness for TV Land) or get on the net. Whee.

2. Where was the first place you ever had sex?
HA! This wins the Most TMI Question of the Week as far as my details are concerned.

Under my parents’ Christmas tree.

Top that, y’all. Jingle my bells, baby.

3. On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you? (1 is lowest, 10 is highest)
Let’s just put me at a firm 5. Some days, it’s higher. Some days, it’s lower. Gotta go with the average, because nothing in this arena is stagnant with me.

4. Are you more submissive or dominant?
Everyday life: personality/mouthiness/control issues = dominant. Can’t help it.
However, I suspect there are some arenas in which that submissive thing would come to the forefront... and that’s all I’m gonna say about that.

5. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. Hopeless romantic. Sometimes, you just know. And once or twice in the past, I have known immediately. BAM! Sigh.

Bonus (as in optional): Describe your bed time habits. What side do you sleep on? What do you usually wear? Any night time rituals?
Before getting into bed: brush teeth; wash face; every two-three days, use this thingy; slather on night cream. Once in bed: moisturize with lotion all appendages and feet; apply lip balm. Sometimes I watch the telly, sometimes I read. (on the nightstand now: Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail ‘72. Go McGovern!)

What I wear to bed varies: nightie, t-shirt and panties; pj pants and a camisole. It totally depends. I sleep on the right side of the bed, closest to the door and to Will’s room. Which is important because we’re a dynamic duo during the week and I need to be able to hear him should he need me. Although truth be told, I tend to sleep all over the bed when it’s just me. When the mister’s home, I at least start the night on the right side -- even though I sometimes forget to stay in my space and end up doing the across-the-bed sprawl. Which doesn’t go over very well, as you might imagine.

Oh -- and I must have a fan on. Need that air circulating. Also -- even in the dead of winter (which here in Florida isn't really winter at all, but it's all I've got, so work with me here...) I sleep barefoot with my feet poked out from under the covers. I'm hard on a made bed. Bed Chaos, I call it. Nothing stays tucked. Ever.

Fun fact about me: I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere. I've nodded off in a bowling alley before, as well as in the stadium during the big homecoming pep rally/show extravaganza at the University of Florida. Movie theatres are a danger zone for me -- cold and dark. When I say that I've seen parts of a movie, this right here is the main reason why.

What can I say... it's a gift.

No comments: