5.19.2008

Here's to the Ladies Who Lunch on Music Mondays

We'll always be bosom buddies... friends, sisters and pals!

(Pssst... for more musical musings, check out Soccer Mom in Denial.
You'll be glad you did!)

Whew. That was one whirlwind trip to D.C. Regardless of your political leanings, there's something really inspiring about being in the heart of our country's government and seeing the tangible symbols of the founding principles of this nation.

However, that was not the best part of my trip -- not by a long shot. The best part, hands down, was the afternoon I spent in Georgetown drinking bloody marys with my galpal. Who, in an amazing piece of serendipity, was brought into my life by this crazy thing called the internet and who is now one of the most important people in my world.

Chemistry just ain't for romantic relationships. And it's amazing to me that there's another person in this world who pretty much gets me, quirks and all.

So this one's for you, my friend. A toast to female friendships and all their glorious nuances -- and the underlying love and affection that holds them up.

Now raise that bloody mary glass and here's to us!




Bonus!

5 comments:

Meg said...

Gotta love those women. What class!

Jen said...

Okay, Jane, this lets you know what a weirdo I was as a child - I had Follies and I listened to it over and over and over...

Both clips are incredible.

Ladies Who Lunch must be one of the greatest modern solo pieces in Musical theater.

SO glad you had so much fun with your galpal!

Korie said...

Angela and Bea are two of my favorite actresses/performers! Great video!

Miss Janey said...

GalPals... Miss Janey would languish w/o them.

soccer mom in denial said...

I too love DC and love that you are part of Music Mondays. Thanks for being so lyrical!