5.03.2008

A Word from the Domestic Goddess


The Drinkin' Chick in me is happy that it's margarita season. Actually, for me, it's always margarita season...

The Domestic Goddess in me would be remiss if I didn't share one of my go-to 'rita recipes:

Killer Margaritas
1 can (6 oz) Minute Maid frozen limeade
4 ounces Jose Cuervo tequila
½ can Grand Marnier
3 limeade cans water
little bit of ice

Mix in blender. Serve in salted glasses. Prepare to have fun.

Plus: A great little nosh that complements the tasty tequila tipple...

Pepitas
2 cups pepitas (green hulled pumpkin seeds)
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg white, beaten until frothy
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 350°F and spray baking sheet with nonstick spray (or line with parchment paper or nonstick foil).

Mix all ingredients and spread in single layer on baking sheet.

Bake until pepitas are golden and dry, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes (I baked for around 20 minutes, stirring about every 5.)

Remove from oven and separate pepitas with fork while still warm; cool completely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am lover of that salty limey goodness. Can't wait to try out your nosh recipe... :)

janey jay said...

They are delish. And addictive. Wish I had some now, actually...

jason said...

mmm...sounds good.

And egg whites on the pepitas, you say?
Interesting.