6.16.2008

Music Monday: Girls Still Just Wanna Have Fun. In the Love Shack.

Tin roof. Rusted!

(Pssst... for more musical musings, check out Soccer Mom in Denial.
You'll be glad you did!)

I'm about to kick-off a subset season of my summer.

The Trip Down Musical Memory Lane subset.

I've got a slew of concerts on my social calendar and the first one is this week.

The True Colors tour.

Cyndi Lauper. The B-52s. The Cliks. (warning: potty mouth word in the song streaming on their site) Plus Rosie O'Donnell and Carson Kressley.

Later in the summer, I'm heading to Vegas with pals for some grownup R&R and a couple of other gigs. More about that later... promise.

However, today I'm steeping myself in all things Cyndi and B-52s.

Here's Cyndi with a live version of "She Bop" (yeah, I know. I just love this song.) performed on Solid Gold! How's that for a blast from the past!


And here are the B-52s with the title song off their latest album --"Funplex." It's a riot and totally infectious. Been on heavy rotation here at Casa de Jane for a while.



Let's dance, y'all!

7 comments:

Korie said...

Sounds like fun!
I'm going to see Alanis Morissette in August.

janey jay said...

Now that sounds like fun -- I've always liked Alanis. She tells it like it is, whatever it is.

soccer mom in denial said...

My husband surprised me and the kids and took us to see True Colors last year. It really is a wonderful tour Cyndi has pulled together.

Oh, did you know I'm seeing Yaz next month? :)

janey jay said...

Really? You know, I think I'd heard that someplace before ;-)

We really are having a musical memory lane summer, aren't we!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I love Cyndi too! God, I enjoyed these songs!

Jen said...

All you need are the GoGo's and you have the triple play of fun summer music!

Llllllllloooooooovvvvveeeee SHACK!

Marissa said...

Envy. Pure Envy. I'm trying not to let it have an effect on my emotional state.

Say hello to Cyndi for me. I adore her style.