8.28.2008

Serendipity

Forty-five years ago today, our world was changed.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his passionate hallmark speech, commonly referred to as the "I have a dream speech."

Hope. Vision. Courage. Fortitude. Equality. Harmony. Peace.



The fact that the anniversary of this event falls on the very day that an African-American will deliver his acceptance speech to be the Presidential candidate of a major political party is giving me goosebumps and making me a bit teary eyed.

Poetical and beautiful.

And full of hope.

God bless America.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Amen, Jane.

Miss Janey said...

Yes, yes, yes.

TopSurf said...

I just love History! Especially when I get the witness the good history!

April said...

I started bawling as soon as Obama walked out onstage!