I am feeling less than inspired this morning -- and I'm chalking it all up to the Monday Blahs. In that spirit, I'm starting a new thing called Meme Monday -- I'll hunt around the net to find an interesting meme and then put my own spin on it to start the week off with a bang. Or something. Hell, it's better than nothing...
1. Were you named after anyone?
Hard to say. My full name is very similar to my mother’s. But she denies naming me after herself. We had a family friend, also named Jane, who was convinced that I was named after her. And shared that with anyone she could. Not true, but we never let her know that.
2. When was the last time you cried?
Within the past couple of days. Can’t remember exactly why. Can’t remember exactly when. But I know I did. Just how I’m programmed.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
Not so much. I can barely read it -- and people have told me that it's hard to decipher. Which is why I now type my grocery list. Sad, isn't it?
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Hmmm. Does deli roast beef count? Or hot dogs? Either one works for me.
5. Do you have kids?
The frequently-mentioned, about-to-turn-seven-can’t-believe-how-big-he’s-getting Master Will.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Absolutely. Even though I can be a little closed-off sometimes. I'm more than happy to get to know other people -- not so at ease with letting them get to know me.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Please. Have we just met? Seriously.
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Indeed I do. Ugh.
9. Would you bungee jump?
No. Hell no. Absolutely not.
10. What is your favorite cereal?
Either original-recipe Alpha Bits or Total Raisin Bran.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Please. Does anyone?
12. Do you think you are strong?
Emotionally. Yeah. Out of necessity. Physically. Kinda. Depends on the task.
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Pistachio. Or pralines and cream. Or chocolate. I’m not picky.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Their hair. Shut up. I have a thing about hair.
15. Red or pink?
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
My lack of confidence in myself. Could use a good marinade in some self-esteem with some liberal dashes of self-assurance.
17. Who do you miss most?
My galpal Heather. Lives too far away now in NC.
18. What color shoes and pants are you wearing?
Black lounge pants and NO SHOES. Please. Will is home sick today with The World’s Grossest Cold and I probably won’t change into anything more presentable.
19. What was the last thing you ate?
Yogurt with honey.
20. What are you listening to right now?
The “Keep Will Happy” iTunes playlist. Rolling at the moment: “Yellow Submarine.”
21. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
22. Favorite smells?
Jasmine on the vine; bread baking; grapefruit; Obsession perfume.
23. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My. Mother. Twenty minutes. Don’t ask me what the conversation was about because I couldn’t tell you. Love my mama, but no one talks about nothing better than she does.
24. Favorite sports to watch?
It’s probably easier to list the sports I don’t like to watch: NASCAR. I’m sometimes so-so- on golf. But that’s about it.
25. Hair color?
Dark brown with a purple streak.
26. Eye color?
27. Do you wear contacts?
Nope. Not necessary since The Lasik. Whooo!
My stars, is this thing ever going to end... I don’t think I’m interesting enough for all these questions.
28. Favorite food?
Macaroni and cheese.
29. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings, without question.
30. Last move you watched?
“Meet Bill”, with Aaron Eckhart.
31. What color shirt are you wearing?
32. Summer or winter?
Winter, baby. If for no other reason than my hair looks kick-ass when there’s less humidity. And I can seriously rock a scarf. Even in Florida.
33. Hugs or kisses?
While I love to blow kisses, it’s gotta be hugs. I’m from the South. We hug everyone.
34. Favorite dessert?
Anything with caramel. Period. Or pecan pie.
35. What book(s) are you reading now?
“Lucy Talk” by Fiona Walker and “Auntie Mame” by Patrick Dennis.
36. What is on your mouse pad?
An Underwood typewriter.
37. What did you watch on TV last night?
Football and “Mad Men.”
38. Favorite sound?
Will’s laughter; a mountain stream; the ocean; church bells.
39. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
Cannot choose. Love them both.
40. What is the farthest you have been from home?
41. Do you have a special talent?
I have been told I can turn a phrase. And I’m a pretty damn good public speaker. Do those count?
42. Where were you born?
St. Petersburg, FL
43. What time is it ?
9:35 am. Oy.