So now that the drama at Casa de jane has subsided *knock on wood*, it's time to resume some normalcy -- whatever that may be -- and get back to business. The first order of which is something new for Meme Monday. Feel free to steal this -- it's a fun one.
1. Are your parents married or divorced?
Married -- 46 years this past June.
2. Are you a vegetarian?
Good grief no. I’m the OCG = Original Carnivore Girl. I love my meat.
3. Do you believe in Heaven?
Without question I do.
4. Have you ever come close to dying?
5. What jewelry do you wear 24/7?
None, actually. Any jewelry I’m wearing usually comes off immediately once I’m home and settled.
6. Favorite time of day?
Late afternoon, when the shadows dance and the light is mellow.
7. Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
Sometimes -- I prefer the florets.
8. Do you wear makeup?
Yep. Not a full face all the time, but lip gloss and mascara are musts.
9. Ever have plastic surgery?
10. Do you color your hair?
Have we just met? I’ve been coloring my hair so long I cannot remember what my original natural color actually is.
11. What do you wear to bed?
Depends -- usually PJs, which might consist of lounge pants and a t-shirt.
12. Have you ever done anything illegal?
Next question, please. ;-)
13. Can you roll your tongue?
No. And it pisses me off that I cannot.
14. Do you tweeze your eyebrows?
Between waxings -- you betcha. I am one with my Tweezerman tweezers.
15. What kind of sneakers?
Nike for walking/gym; Converse Chucks for goofing around.
16. Do you believe in abortions?
I believe in the woman’s right to choose what’s best for her.
17. What is your hair color?
Dark brown with a delightful purple swath, with the occasional gray streak at the hair line.
18. Future child’s name?
All done with that. Although I love the names Lucy and Grace for girls...
19. Do you snore?
I am told that I do.
20. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
I want to go to South America so badly I can taste it. Or NYC.
21. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
22. If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
Pay off the debts of my family and friends.
23. Gold or silver?
24. Hamburger or hot dog?
Both. Cheeseburger, rare. Hot dog with sauerkraut.
25. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Please do not make me decide this one. Oy.
26. City, beach or country?
City. No question.
27. What was the last thing you touched?
28. Where did you eat last?
Other than my own home, Pepin’s -- a terrific Spanish restaurant.
29. When’s the last time you cried?
30. Do you read blogs?
31. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
This is a weird question -- but given that menswear is very hot in the fashion world right now, I would say yes.
32. Ever been involved with the police?
Yep. Nothing serious, though.
33. What’s your favorite shampoo conditioner and soap?
Alterna Caviar for shampoo and conditioner; Ivory soap.
34. Do you talk in your sleep?
35. Ocean or pool?
Pool for swimming; ocean for relaxing. They are both wonderful.
36. Who would you take on a ménage à trois for a dirty weekend?
I’ll never tell --- guess!
37. Window seat or aisle?
Window seat. Still kind of a kid when I fly.
38. Ever met anyone famous?
39. Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life?
It’s still a work in progress.
40. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?
41. Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey?
Tyra Banks (this is an old question -- Ricki Lake’s talk show’s not even on the air anymore)
42. Basketball or Football?
Must I decide -- don’t make me. Love them both.
43. How long do your showers last?
44. Automatic or do you drive a stick?
45. Cake or ice cream?
46. Are you self-conscious?
47. Have you ever drank so much you threw up?
Please. I didn’t just go to college for the education, you know...
48. Have you ever given money to a beggar?
49. Have you been in love?
50. Where do you wish you were?
Lying on a beach somewhere.
51. Are you wearing socks?
52. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes -- with Will.
53. Can you tango?
54. Last gift you received?
Scene It/Seinfeld -- a birthday prezzie from my college roomie Liz.
55. Last sport you played?
Catch with Will.
56. Things you spend a lot of money on?
Media = books, movies/TV, music.
57. Where do you live?
In a house.
58. Where were you born?
St. Anthony’s Hospital.
59. Last wedding attended?
The nuptials of a girl for whom I used to baby-sit.
60. Most hated food(s)?
Coconut, olives, gin.
61. Can you sing?
I have been told that I can. I think I can carry a tune pretty well -- I do it often enough.
62. Last place you went on holiday?
63. Favorite regular drink?
64. Current fave song?
“Troublemaker” by Weezer! Want me to sing it for you?