12.01.2008

Jingle My Bells.. It's Meme Monday!

Yep, 'tis the season. And in that spirit, here's Part One of The World's Lengthiest Holiday Meme... didn't want to overwhelm you with too much of my Festive Fabulousness. HA!

Favorite Christmas ...
Non-religious song? “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” Want me to sing it for you -- cause I will. Don’t tempt me...
Religious song? Either “Hallelujah” or “And the Glory of the Lord” from Handel’s Messiah or “Joy to the World” or “Angels We Have Heard on High” or...
Santa-related song? “(Everybody’s Waiting for) The Man with the Bag”
Fictional character? Heat Miser and Snow Miser, baby
Dinner main course? Prime rib (or as I called it when I was a wee lass, roast beast)
Dinner dessert? Either trifle or my chocolate mousse
Scent? Spices -- cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
Animated Christmas program? “A Charlie Brown Christmas.” Hands down. I can quote it practically verbatim. Just as Linus says “Lights please” is when I begin to tear up... see, I’m teary now just thinking about it...
Non-animated program? “White Christmas.” Bing and Rosie and Danny and Irving Berlin songs -- what’s not to love!
Personal memory? A living room full of wrapping paper and joy and love.
Story? The Story itself, straight outta Luke, Chapter 2. Doesn't get much better than that.

This or That...
Candy cane or peppermint patties? Peppermint patties.
Sugar cookies or gingerbread? Yes.
Tinsel or beaded strands? Beaded strands, if I must.
Multi-colored or single color lights? Depends. Like them both.
Flashing or still lights? Still. Flashing lights bug the crap out of me.
Wreaths or mistletoe/holly? Wreaths
Rudolph or Frosty? Rudolph, baby!
Sledding or snowball fights? You’re asking a native Floridian this? Oy.
Snow or ice/icicles? Snow
Hat or earmuffs? Hat. I guess. Again, native Floridian here...
Getting or giving? Giving. No question.
Snow days or plow trucks? Going with snow days, because those are akin to my more-familiar hurricane days.
Stockings or presents? Presents
Cookies and milk or letter to Santa? Gotta go with the letter. It's all about the writing -- and who can resiste the chance to write a persuasive letter... not me!
Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Day!
Log Burning Channel or Real Thing? Real thing.
Cards or e-mails? C a r d s .
Shoveling or scraping ice off the car? Please. I have no idea. They both sound unappealing. *turns up air conditioner*
The Inn's Manger or the animals? Another weird question, but I'll go with manger.
Hot cocoa or eggnog? Both. Eggnog -- straight. Cocoa with peppermint schnapps.
Jack Frost or Little Drummer Boy? Drummer Boy.

Yay or Ugh...
Holiday shopping? Yay. But only online. Haven't set foot in a mall to Christmas shop in years and years.
Icy roads? What are these icy roads of which you speak...
Limited driving visibility? Ugh.
Christmas Carolers? Yay!
Mall Santas? Yay!
Salvation Army Santas? Yay! (even though my home phone number is one digit off that of the Salvation Army... no, I do not want to pay your light bill.)
Blizzards? Yay! What do I know, though...
24/7 Holiday Radio? Yay -- but only like a week before the day itself.
Freezing cold? Yay!
Setting up the tree? Yay!
Wrapping presents? Let’s split the difference on this one...
Visiting/seeing family? Depends on which family members you’re referring to...
Belief in Santa Claus? What do you mean, belief-- he’s real. I believe that. End of story.
Chocolate countdown calendar? Ugh. Tacky. Give me a good old Advent calendar any day.
Peeking at your gifts? Ugh.
Making out with Santa under the mistletoe? Yay! Especially if Santa smells good...mmmmm
Decorated houses? Yay!
Extremely decorated houses? Ugh
White Christmas morning? Yay!
Santa knowing when you're asleep and awake? Yay!


First Thought That Comes To Mind When You Hear...

Snowflake! Unique
Pinecones! Pretty
Elves! Hermie!
Sleigh! Jingle bells!
Presents! Hooray!
Cookies! Mmmmmm
Mistletoe! C’mon over here...
Rudolph! Red nose
Blizzard! Brrrrrr!
School's canceled! Groovy.
Ice Skating! Never done it.
Santa's Lap! Photo op!
Black Friday! Are you nuts?
God's Son! Unto you a Child is born.
Melting Snow! Dirty mess.
Lumps of coal! No thank you.
Nutcracker! Sugar Plum Fairies.
Ho Ho Ho! Green Giant
North Pole! Frequent flier miles

To be continued...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for the holidays! I love that peppermint bark. In fact, I read your pepperminty wishes and... well... I'm off for some peppermint bark! :)

I hope the season is truly great! I'm so delighted to spend it in your sphere.

TopSurf said...

If that doesn't get you in the mood for the holidays nothing will. It would have taken me 3 days to complete that Meme. I'm glad you chose Hermie as your elf! :)

~Just Jen~ said...

You totally reminded me of the passage of the Bible that my son was named for:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
~Isaiah 9:6


You're a woman after my own Christmas heart

Anonymous said...

I may have to lift this to elevate my mood. Just reading yours helped a little.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love this one! It helped me cheer up a little bit tonight! Consider it stolen....

XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I love this!! You find the best Meme's!!!

I have stolen it, with your permission of course!