2.15.2010

Meme Monday, Nordic Combined Edition.

Yes, ladies and germs (and I use that word deliberately... **achoo**) it's time again for More Useless Information about Me... this time in HiDef!

And by the way, I define Nordic Combined. I am a quarter Swedish, after all. So there.

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Nice undereye bags, there, Sick Girl. Good lord, I look bad.

2. How much cash do you have on you?
$17.82

3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
Rapport

4. Favorite planet?
I’m rather partial to Earth, to be honest. It’s done me right thus far, although Mars does have a bit of sex-hay appeal to it.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
A number I don’t recognize. Wait… it’s the PODS people, probably about today’s final pickup.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
I love my catch-all one: “Honky Tonk Woman” by the Stones.

7. What shirt are you wearing?
None.

HA! Made you snicker, didn’t I.

I’m wearing my pajamas. They are purple. Standard sick girl attire.

8. Do you label yourself?
Yep.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
Old Navy terrycloth flip-flop slippers

10. Bright or Dark Room?
Dark. I have vampire-esque tendencies in this area.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
I have no idea – I pilfered it from some dude whose blog popped up in a “blog meme questions” Google search

12. What does your watch look like?
Timex, gold/silver, Target special

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Watching the latest episode of “Real Housewives of Orange County” because I couldn’t get to sleep thanks to my cold. By the way, those women are awful. Seriously – who acts like that? Ridiculous.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
It was from the Mister – a note about the bedroom furniture we’re buying for the new house

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
Quarter mile from here.

16. What's a word that you say a lot?
Please. Seriously? Will!

17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
My mother.

18. Last furry thing you touched?
The suspicious looking strawberries I discovered yesterday in the back of my fridge.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
Advil, Prozac, Zyrtek, Mucinex. I think that’s it.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
None. Please. It’s a digital world and I’m living in it!

21. Favorite age you have been so far?
30 was good. Had the world by the tail. But I like to think the best is yet to come…

22. Your worst enemy?
Myself. Although there is another frenemy situation looming…

23. What is your current desktop picture?
My “table” at the Algonquin lobby. Look for a similar one next week…

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
“My name is Mama. Not Janey. That’s not a good choice.”

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
The money. Flying is what airplanes are for.

26. Do you like someone?
You betcha.

27. The last song you listened to?
“Shut Up and Kiss Me” – Mary Chapin Carpenter. I sang along as well. And it was AWESOME. Hee!

28. What time of day were you born?
7 am. That explains a lot.

29. What’s your favorite number?
27

30. Where did you live in 1987?
Gainesville and then the ‘Burg.

31. Are you jealous of anyone?
Truth be told – yep. I have a friend I miss a lot and am jealous of those who are spending time with her these days. I'm afraid I'm not interesting enough for her any more...

Anyhoo.

32. Is anyone jealous of you?
I cannot imagine who would be… seriously.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
At work.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Kick the bloody things.

35. Do you consider yourself kind?
Yes.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Hip. And it would be an ampersand.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Spanish

38. Would you move for the person you loved?
Yes.

39. Are you touchy feely?
Depends on what my mood is.

40. What’s your life motto?
Be the change you want to see in the world.

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
Earrings, cell phone, glasses (either sun or reading)

42. What’s your favorite town/city?
New York, New York

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
The co-pay at Will’s pediatrician.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
I honestly cannot remember. This makes me a little sad.

45. Can you change the oil on a car?
If “change the oil” means take it to the mechanic, then yes indeedy

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
I cannot remember… Google, here I come

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
About five generations. I have some work to do, don’t I…

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Black gown, purple pashmina, silver shoes, fabulous up-do. Debutante Ball in December.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Most things above the neck are in a mild state of discomfort at the moment. Damn cold.

50. Have you been burned by love?
Absolutely. But no, I’m not going to spill the details…


3 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

Excellent!

Well done, oh Nordic One!

cajunvegan said...

I wish I was going to be cavorting with you at the Alonquin again.

Sigh. Feel better and have a bodacious time.

TopSurf said...

I'm sorry you are still not feeling well, I hope your cold is gone before your big trip up north. I'll be channeling you as you are sitting in the Alonquin one of my most favorite memories from our trip there last summer. Have a great time!!