• If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
“All we are saying is give peace a chance.”
• If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
Former president Jimmy Carter, I think. I admire him greatly for putting his money and time and conviction where his mouth is. We share many of the same perspectives and he is an honorable man of God. Plus I suspect he’s a very charming Southern gent, and I’m a sucker for those.
• You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you going to go?
Either New York City, or Barcelona, Spain. However, if I could pull it off, I’d head to Havana.
• What do you think about most?
Young William. Followed by flashes of writing ideas.
• You have the opportunity to spend a romantic night with the music celebrity of your choice – who would it be?
Please. Have we just met? Stewart Copeland. An evening 30 years in the making.
• You can erase any horrible experience from your past – what will it be?
The days when Will was very critically ill two weeks after his birth and we were given dire prognoses about his mortality. I would not wish that time on even my worst enemy. No parent should have to even consider the death of their child.
• What’s your strangest talent?
I have double jointed fingers that can move in slightly disturbing ways. I can also burp the alphabet.
• What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
How much I weigh. Just like every other woman in the world.
• Ever had a poem or song written about you?
Sadly, no. I date my share of creative types, but interestingly enough, none of them immortalized me in song or verse. And I dated a good number of musicians, too. Bastards. Hrumph.
• When is the last time you played air guitar?
This morning. You know how quirky my house is….
• Do you have any strange phobias?
Snakes. Snakes. Snakes. That is all. That is enough.
• What’s your religion?
Christian. Proud member of the Religious Left. Baptist, but a very very very very to the 100th degree moderate one.
• What is your current desktop picture?
A night shot of Manhattan streets, taken looking down from a top floor in a building.
• When you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
Working out. The outdoors is my gym.
• What’s the last song you listened to?
• Simple but extremely complex – favorite band?
Simple but extremely easy answer: The Police
• What was the last lie you told?
“No – I’m just going to the bedroom to watch the Gator game. I’m not going to take a nap.”
• What is a saying you say a lot?
“Please.” And “WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!”
• What is your greatest weakness? Your greatest strength?
Weakness: my insecurity. I am riddled with self doubt regarding so many things…
Strength: my intelligence. The one area about myself in which I am confident.
• Who is your celebrity crush?
So many from which to choose, but let’s go with Jon Hamm. Try to act surprised.
• What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “heart”
Life. Love. Pursuit of happiness.
• How do you vent your anger?
Two ways: I either cry or speak in very measured tones using what I call $10 vocabulary words.
• Do you have a collection of anything?
Cookbooks! Snowglobes! Hotel china from classic St. Petersburg hotels and clubs.
• What is your favorite word?
Grace. Defined as unmerited favor. If Will had been a girl, I would have either called him Lucy or Grace.