8.23.2013

... and now for something completely different

Needed a little light, frothy and ridiculous piece -- and this totally fits the bill. Play along, steal or comment. I'd love to know your answers to some of these questions!

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Eye makeup remover is my friend and I need to renew our relationship.

How much cash do you have on you?
$22.00

What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
Galore!

Favorite planet?
Seriously? Earth, natch.

Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
The pharmacy. Do not get me started...

What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
I have two: “Blurred Lines” is the go-to tone of the moment. And Ozzy’s “Crazy Train.” Because it makes me laugh, given the number to which I have assigned it.

What shirt are you wearing?
None.
HA! I’m in a sundress with bathing suit underneath.
Made you look, so to speak.

Do you label yourself?
I try like hell not to. But I do. And not always positively.

Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
Croc flip-flops. But that's only because I just got home from running around. Usually, I'm barefoot at home.

Bright or dark room?
Bright. Better for the disposition.

What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
I poached this from some blog – so thanks, dude!

What does your watch look like?
Don’t wear one. 

What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping and having the most lovely dream… heh heh heh.

What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
“40 minute flight delay…”

Where is your nearest 7-11?
I honestly have no idea. Hmmmm.

What's a word that you say a lot?
DAMN! Florida Evans style.


Who told you he/she loved you last?
One of my besties…. awwwwwww. Made me smile.

Last furry thing you touched?
My leg, whilst shaving it.
Well, you asked…

How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
Advil and Cymbalta. Do Tums count? If so, then add them to the list.

How many rolls of film do you need developed?
What is this film stuff you speak of? Developed? Huh?

Favorite age you have been so far?
I think 48 has been pretty damn good. 
Although I also really enjoyed being 18. 
Twenty-three was also quite enjoyable. But that is another story for another time.

Your worst enemy?
Myself.
And Krispy Kreme donuts.

What is your current desktop picture?
A night shot of a Manhattan street, taken from above, looking down onto an intersection.

What was the last thing you said to someone?
“Do NOT put that in the dryer.”

If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Taking the money, honey. I'd rather fly first class than all on my own.

Do you like someone?
Why yes, I certainly do. It's probably you!

The last song you listened to?
“A Night in Tunisia” ~ Art Blakey

What time of day were you born?
7 am. Oy. So early.

What’s your favorite number?
27

Where did you live in 1987?
Gainesville, FL

Are you jealous of anyone?
You know, I don’t think I am at the moment.
Go me!

Is anyone jealous of you?
I hate to say it, but I think so. Why he/she is, I cannot even imagine.

Where were you when 9/11 happened?
At work, five months pregnant, editing a UF football program.

What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Swear. What else can you do?

Do you consider yourself kind?
I would like to think I am.

If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Inside of my right wrist. An ampersand.

If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Spanish.

Would you move for the person you loved?
Once upon a time, I would say "yes" unequivocally -- but now, there are other factors in life in addition to the yearnings of the heart.

Are you touchy-feely?
Yes. C'mon over here.

What’s your life motto?
Kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything and have no regrets.

Name three things that you have on you at all times?
Phone, glasses (sun and/or reading), lip gloss.

What’s your favorite town/city?
Please. New York City. Have we just met?

What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
My pre-workout smoothie.

When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
I cannot remember. I might need to remedy this.

Can you change the oil on a car?
If, by "change" you mean drive it to the filling station and ask the nice people there to handle it, then yes.

Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
He just bought a new car.

How far back do you know about your ancestry?
Very basic information back to the middle ages.

The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
I wore an ecru/champagne colored dress. They called me "bride."
We be stylish, but not fancy these days.

Does anything hurt on your body right now?
I am looking straight down the barrel at 50. The better question would be what doesn’t hurt on your body right now. Although I did have a very concentrated workout today, so that is contributing to the ache-factor.

Have you been burned by love?
Absofuckinglutely. Anyone who has truly been in love probably has been…


1 comment:

Karin said...

Love. I'll be stealing this and filing it away for my own use later...