1.10.2008

Well, It Beats the Hell Out of "I Love You, You Love Me..."

Music is a BIG part of life around here -- we play it, we sing it, we listen to it. I've never been one to listen to a lot of kids' music -- Will is growing up listening to what we do. Which has its good points and its bad points.

Example: My mother was working on some basic information with him, such as his name, where he lives, etc.

Take One
Nana: What is your name?
Will: My name is Will.
Nana: Where do you live?
Will: In a yellow submarine.

Take Two
Nana: Where do you live?
Will: Electric Avenue.

Gotta give him points for originality.

So, in that spirit, here's a partial list of Will's favorite songs (excluding those damn Wiggles, of course):

"It's The End of the World as We Know It" -- REM
"Shiny Happy People" -- REM
"Roxanne" -- The Police
"Hungry Like the Wolf" -- Duran Duran
"Don't You Want Me?" -- Human League
"Livin' on a Prayer" -- Bon Jovi
"Birdhouse in Your Soul" -- They Might Be Giants
"Closer to Fine" -- Indigo Girls
"De Doo Doo Doo, De Da Da Da" -- The Police
"Yellow Submarine" -- The Beatles
"Feelin' Groovy" -- Simon and Garfunkel
"Octopus' Garden" -- The Beatles
"Roll Over Beethoven" -- The Beatles
"You Are My Sunshine" -- Ray Charles
"Electric Avenue" -- Eddy Grant
"Take Me Home Tonight" -- Eddie Money

PS: Much like me, my son loves television and frequently gets his music cues from it. So imagine my reaction when I saw the latest Chips Ahoy commercial, featuring a chocolate chip cooking singing Rod Stewart's "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?" Should he add that one to the repertoire, I just pray that he doesn't bust out with it one morning in Sunday School...

No comments: