3.08.2008

Again, that's j-a-n-e, like Tarzan's friend...

Had another Mother of the Year moment just now...

Listening to show tunes and singing along LOUDLY. iTunes just rolled onto the OCR of The Producers. And I belted out all the songs, including "Springtime for Hitler" at the top of my alto diva lungs.

And Will. Is now singing along with me.

"Springtime for Hitler and Germany
Deutschland is happy and gay!
We're marching to a faster pace
Look out, here comes the master race!"

Yikes.

Figures he wouldn't pick up the songs when I was reliving my moment as Dolly Levi.

At least it wasn't Rent. That one would be really hard to explain when he broke out with "What You Own" on the playground at school.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

It sure isn't a show tune, but at the age of six my son got in trouble for loudly singing the "sooner or later you'll be screwin' around" line from Meat Loaf's "Anything for Love" on the monkey bars at his very conservative Southern Baptist private school. Luckily he only got a "warning" and didn't get a detention but it wasn't fun explaining that one to the principal. I think a passing knowledge of show tunes is very rare in the young today, so your son will be a step ahead, culturally.

janey jay said...

Hee! Thanks, Sherrie. I feel better now. Don't envy you that conversation with the principal, though...