3.13.2008

My Orange Fingers Gave It Away, Didn't They...

I have just cheated on the Nutri System.

And am now paying the price.

I played Client #9 for some Cheetos. With the tell-tale Orange Dust of Guilt being my undoing.

Bought a bag for Will to use in feeding therapy -- he's very texture-sensitive and we're working verrrrry slowly towards him expanding his diet from soft, bland things. I packed a baggie full of them to take to his therapist yesterday.

Leaving the balance of the big bag here at home.

Tempting me like a cheap hooer on Pier 69 during Fleet Week.

And I caved. Started that mindless eating which sent me to NutriWorld in the first place. Common sense took over before I could get too far. But the evidence was on my fingers. Orange guilt staring me in the face. Even a thorough handwashing couldn't remove all the evidence.

Into the trash can went the bag. But not before I pummeled all the shape out of those evil crunchies, rendering them powder.

So now my tummy hurts. Blech. It's been a good long while since I ingested something so greasy, fat-laden and completely bereft of any nutritional value. At least my evening margaritas are made with organic agave nectar and fresh lime juice -- that's gotta count for something, right?

The belly ache is a good reminder though that I am on the right track. Those damn things didn't have this kind of affect on me BNS (Before NutriSystem). And I have such a finely tuned sense memory that I'll remember this ugh-o feeling the next time I hear the siren call of the junk food.

Besides, orange really isn't my color anyway.

3 comments:

Jen said...

sadly, I can relate

janey jay said...

Honestly, I think this sort of thing is programmed into women's chromosomes.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about those cheetos right now. Give me an inch, I'll take a mile...

Unknown said...

Next time, go for the white cheddar Cheetos. I think they taste even better and the store stocks them with all the "natural" snacks so you can rationalize that they're healthy. I'll bet they're chock full of vitamin C and stuff.