3.06.2008

Town Crier

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.
~ Meryl Streep

Ten o'clock and all's well.

With Will, anyway.

He's sleeping soundly, an angelic cast to his beautiful face. Rest coming in and doing its thing alongside its cohort in crime, Sleep.

I'm still not quite settled from the craziness of the morning. I'm hoping it all turns out to be Much Ado About Nothing. The overnight will be the test. Meanwhile, I keep looking for the main value for my tear ducts for it seems that no matter what I do, they won't shut off. And tear-stained is just not my best look.

You'd think I'd be used to these roadbumps by now. Maybe since this is coming so close on the heels of the shunt revision, where we were in and out of hospitals three times in five days, it's affecting me more. Or maybe it's because I had to cancel my grown-up weekend away in Boston and pass along the tickets which would have let me see my beloved Celtics play in person to someone else. Worry and concern intermingling in with personal disappointment.

It's all part of the package that I was given as Will's mother. I understand that. And accept it as my greatest responsibility.

But sometimes, it just plain sucks. For both of us.

Here's to a new day in the 'morrow, free from nonsense and turmoil. For Will. And maybe, just a little for me too.

After all... tomorrow is another day.
~ Scarlett O'Hara

No comments: