The trip I’ve been marking the days until is finally here. Las Vegas. Viva, baby. Viva.
This is strictly an R&R trip for just me, myself and I. Will and the mister will have some father/son time while Mama regains some of her sanity. Going to hang out with friends, get a little culture and experience the wonderland that is Vegas.
So in the spirit of Liberace, Siegfried, Roy, Francis Albert and the rest of the Rats, Wayne, Sir Tom and Lola Falana, here’s my Thursday Thirteen: Vegas Style
1. These shoes are the centerpiece of my trip wardrobe:
2. I’ve downloaded the first six episodes of this season of Weeds onto my iPod for viewing on the plane. Gotta love technology.
3. The overnight bartender’s name at the hotel where we’re staying is Larry. Good to be on a first name basis with the dude who’s mixing your drinks. Don’t ask me how I know this.
4. Everything, with one exception, that I’m bringing with wardrobe wise, is black. Shocking.
5. Going to see two shows: Morris Day & The Time and The Regeneration Tour, which features a whole mess of ‘80s artists like Belinda Carlisle, Human League, ABC and A Flock of Seagulls.
6. Gonna get to meet some on-line Plurk pals (cajunvegan and perpstu and butterflylitgirl) and enjoy a cocktail or four together. Cannot wait.
7. I get a whole king-size bed and bathroom to myself. Don’t have to share with anyone. Pinch me, I’m dreaming.
8. Have reservations at two celeb chef eateries: Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill and Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak. No Nutri-Meals served at these joint, dontcha know.
9. The average temperature in my hotel room will be approximately 62 degrees. Bliss.
10. The average temperature outside my hotel will be approximately 105 degrees. Ick.
11. I get to spend the whole weekend with my BFF Sprezzatura. You’ve all been warned -- we’re dangerous together. But in a very cute, wickedly smart and sassy way.
12. I may or may not get up enough nerve (aka drunk) to sit down at a real poker table. We shall see.
13. I may or may not get up enough nerve (aka drunk) to go to a strip joint. We shall see.
Note: the chances of #13 happening are actually greater than #12.
So I’ll see y’all later. Probably poorer. Likely hungover. Definitely happy.
PS: Here's my song for the weekend...