(Kinda like Panic! at the Disco -- only less emo and more Elmo.)
I have the great honor and pleasure of directing the four-and-five year-old choir at my church. Most exhausting but greatest 45 minutes of my week. Love my little Choir Urchins as if they were my own -- those sticky hugs and high-fives they give me are golden and always cure what’s ailing me.
And it’s totally true what they say about “out of the mouths of babes.” What my Urchins say never fails to amuse me. So in the spirit of kids saying the darndest things, I give you 13 comments overheard at last night’s choir practice.
1. “Miss Jane, I have to go potty. NOW!”
2. “I’m tired. It was a long day at school.” *SIGH*
Yep, it’s tough out there in the preschool world.
3.“My sister’s birthday is in two days!”
4. “Miss Jane, do you like chicken noodle soup?”
5. “I’m Darth Vader!”
6. “Wanna see my tattoos?” (temporary ones of what appeared to be Transformers on his forearms. It was hard to tell because they were both missing their heads for some reason.)
7.“Can I do a cartwheel?”
8.“Miss Jane, how do you spell octupus?”
9.“I don’t like this song. I’m not gonna sing it.”
10. The Star Wars Darth Vader theme, hummed while we were playing rhythm sticks. That, natch, came from Lord Vader himself, (see #5) a towheaded bundle of boy energy.
11. “My dog eats his own poop.”
12. “Can we sing ‘Jingle Bells’?”
13. “I love you, Miss Jane.”
Me too, sweetie. Me too.
PS: This little quiz is a rewind for me. But it still seems appropriate somehow. Boo-yah!