Yep, it's Meme Monday time again. Funny how it just seems to pop up every seven (or 14, truth be told) days 'round here. This one is pilfered from my good friend perpstu. I'm not above stealing stuff from pals -- and SO not above admitting that I've done it.
Here goes nothing...
* What is on your bed right now?
Sheets, blanket, three pillows -- none of which are where they are supposed to be. Notice I didn’t say “comforter” or “bed spread.”
* When was the last time you threw up?
This summer. Some weird virus. Ugh. (and no, that "weird virus" is not code for anything. Hrumph.)
* What’s your favorite word or phrase?
“Seriously” and “Alert the media” are both in heavy rotation in my vocabulary.
* Name three people who made you smile today?
Will! My trainer (Hi Stephanie!) Sprezzatura.
* What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Running around like a madwoman because as usual, we are running late for school.
* What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Writing for NaNoWriMo.
* What is your favorite holiday?
Toss up between Christmas (for the true meaning) and Thanksgiving (for food and family)
* Have you ever been to another country?
I’ve been to Canada and Mexico and Guatemala. Whoo!
* What is the last thing you said aloud?
“Will! Eat your breakfast!”
* What is the best ice cream flavor?
Toss up between pistachio and pralines & cream
* What was the last thing you had to drink?
My first-thing-in-the-morning bottle of Daisani.
* Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
A new pair of workout shorts.
* When was the last time you ran?
Actually, I ran a little last week with my trainer. So there.
* What’s the last sporting event you watched?
Please. Have we just met? Football. Yesterday.
* If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
* Who is the last person you sent a comment/message on myspace?
Don’t do MySpace.
* Ever go camping?
Yep. In the woods, even. In a tent and everything. However... my real idea of camping = no room service.
* Do you have a tan?
Nyet. I’m pale and proud of it.
* Have you ever lost anything down a toilet?
Various Lego pieces.
* What is your guilty pleasure?
Television shows that have no redeeming social or intellectual value whatsoever. “I see six beautiful girls standing before me, but I have only five photos in my hands. And those photos represent the girls who are still in the running towards becoming America’s Next Top Model...”
* Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot?
While plurking -- you betcha.
* Do you drink your soda from a straw?
Fountain soda -- yep. Can or bottle -- nope.
* Are you someone’s best friend?
I’d like to think so...
* What are you doing tomorrow?
Watching massive amounts of election coverage; taking a walk; writing for NaNoWriMo; hanging with Will.
* Where is your mom right now?
Probably working out in the exercise room of her condo.
* Look to your left, what do you see?
* What color is your watch?
Silver and gold -- goes with everything!
* What do you think of when you think of Australia?
Honestly, their men’s swimming team. Rowr.
* Ever ridden on a roller coaster?
* What is your birthstone?
* Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
You can go in to fast food places? Really?
* Do you have any friends on Myspace that you actually hate?
No MySpace here.
* Do you have a dog?
* Last person you talked to on the phone?
A woman who called at 6:42 am thinking she’d dialed the Salvation Army. Our home phone number and that of the Salvation Army are one digit apart. I get asked to pay light bills and rent. A lot.
* Any plans today?
Work out with my trainer; write; take Will to therapy and a doctor’s appointment.
* Are you happy?
Depends on the time of day... but mostly.
* Where are you right now?
In the office at home.
* Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
My ongoing lack of personal organizational skills.
* Last song listened to?
“Troublemaker” by Weezer
* Last movie you saw?
I cannot even remember. How sad is that.
* Are you allergic to anything?
Mildly to pollen, seriously to codeine (and isn’t that a bummer)
* Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Black low-top Chucks
* Are you jealous of anyone?
Not anyone in particular -- but I will admit to twinges of jealousy every once in a while of parents who have standard issue kids with no health problems. I hate this about myself, but I can’t help it.
* Are you married?
* Is anyone jealous of you?
Maybe, now that I think about it...
* Do any of your friends have children?
* Do you eat healthy?
I’m working on it!
* What do you usually do during the day?
Where do I start...
* Do you hate anyone right now?
Hate is a powerful word. I have some people in my world that I don’t care for very much -- let’s put it that way.
* Do you use the word ‘hello’ daily?
Only when answering the phone -- and even then, there's a good chance it gets morphed into "chello"
* How many kids do you want when you’re older?
Oh good grief. Unlike those amazing women in the Bible who had children when they were eligible for AARP, I’m finished with my childbearing.
* How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
45. Shut up.
* Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Yes, but Nixon was president when I was last there.
* How did you get one of your scars?
Dropping an X-acto knife on my right pinky toe when working on a magazine project on the floor in college.