You're so wrapped up in layers, onion boy, you're afraid of your own feelings!
I'm a sucker for taking a quiz. Or personality profile. Or filling out a meme. I think they're fun. And I actually learn a little something about myself in the process. Which is never a bad thing.
This is a mega-fun one. My version here is very similar to the one the fabulous perpstu shared on her blog.
A meme to peel away the layers of you. Or me, rather...
* Name: citizen jane
* Birth date: September 27
* Birthplace: Florida
* Current Location: Florida
* Eye Color: Brown
* Hair Color: Brown
* Height: 5’6”
* Righty or Lefty: Righty
* Zodiac Sign: Libra
* Your heritage: Swedish & English
* The shoes you wore today: Black Chuck Taylors; New Balance walking shoes
* Your weakness: Tall, smart, funny, slightly neurotic men with hairy chests and caramel. Oh, and vodka. Tequila, too. Lethal combinations, these. And a sale at Nordstrom.
* Your fears: Snakes; not being in control
* Your perfect pizza: Sausage and onion
* Personal goals you'd like to achieve:
To make sure Will meets and hopefully exceeds his potential;
To be a legitimate published writer;
To win big bucks on a game show that involves thought and skill (e.g. NOT Deal or No Deal);
To sing with a band.
* Your most overused phrases on social networking sites: groovy; seriously; have we just met?
* Your first waking thoughts: How is Will?
* Your best physical feature: My breasts. They’re real. And they’re spectacular. My hair’s not bad either.
* Your most missed memory: Can’t remember. HA!
* Pepsi or Coke: Coke
* McDonald's or Burger King: Mickey D’s
* Single or group dates: Single, although I do like double dating with other couples. And of course, Girls’ Night Out.
* Adidas or Nike: Nike
* Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Lipton (Diet Brisk, to be exact)
* Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate
* Cappuccino or coffee: Iced Chai Latte. HA!
* Smoke: Only after/while drinking. And that's provided I can either find a smoke buddy or can bum a ciggy off someone. I'm a very slothy smoker.
* Cuss: Constantly
* Sing: Constantly. I'm a second alto. And proud of it.
* Take a shower everyday: Yep
* Do you think you've been in love: Absolutely. Five times, to be exact. But I'm not naming names...
* Want to go to college: Been there, done that. Twice. But going back to grad school to finish my master’s in English is always in the back of my mind.
* Liked high school: Hindsight -- yeah. Not a bad way to spend four years.
* Want to get married: Always. And I did it.
* Believe in yourself: My mind, always. The rest of me -- sometimes.
* Get motion sickness: Actually, yes. Mostly on amusement park rides.
* Think you're attractive: If I'm being honest, no. Not really.
* Think you're a health freak: Not really -- health conscious is more like it.
* Get along with your parent(s): Yes, now that I'm an adult.
* Like thunderstorms: No. Which sucks, because I live in the Thunderstorm Belt.
* Play an instrument: Does the tambourine count? Actually, very basic piano. Emphasis on basic. Which is sad, considering I took lessons for 10 years.
In the past month...
* Drank alcohol: Yep.
* Smoked: Nyet.
* Done a drug: Does cold medicine qualify here? If not, then no.
* Made Out: Yep.
* Gone on a date: No, sadly.
* Gone to the mall?: No. Online shopping? That's a whole 'nother matter.
* Eaten an entire box of Oreos?: No. My trainer girl would somehow know.
* Eaten sushi: Yuck. No. LOATHE sushi. I like my fish cooked and my beef raw, for what it’s worth.
* Been on stage: Again, no. Drat.
* Been dumped: Nyet to that.
* Gone skating: No.
* Made homemade cookies: Nope.
* Gone skinny dipping: Unfortunately, no.
* Dyed your hair: Oh yeah. Once a month, baby. Like clockwork.
* Stolen Anything: No way.
* Played a game that required removal of clothing: Oh. Yeah.
* Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Hello -- have we just met?
* Been caught "doing something": Oh. Yeah.
* Been called a tease: Oh. yeah. *bats eyes* Actually, I’ve been called “precocious” more than a tease. But that was a while ago when my age actually qualified me to be precocious. Now I’m just a good old-fashioned flirt.
* Gotten beaten up: No, thank goodness.
* Shoplifted: Never.
* Changed who you were to fit in: Sadly, yes. But it was when I was much younger and even more insecure than I am now.
* Age you hoped to be married: I wanted to be married by 27. Ended up walking down the aisle at age 33.
* Numbers and Names of Children: One -- my darling William.
* How do you want to die: In my sleep. Painlessly. DNR, baby.
* Where did you want to go to college: Exactly where I did -- The University of Florida.
* What do you want to be when you grow up: Sane. Or a reasonable facsimile thereof.
* What country would you most like to visit: Brazil.
* Number of drugs taken illegally: One -- pot. Ganja. Marijuana. You get the picture.
* Number of people I could trust with my life: Six.
* Number of CDs that I own: Well over a hundred. Don’t even start with me on mp3s.
* Number of piercings: Two -- one in each ear
* Number of tattoos: None
* Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper?: Probably close to 50, believe it or not. That’s what happens when one lives in the same place all of one’s life. And had jobs that required one to talk to reporters on a regular basis. And held community volunteer positions in organizations that were newsworthy. Believe me -- I’m not that interesting. Or notorious.
* Number of scars on my body: Four. None very juicy, save for the one on my pinky toe that I got when I dropped an X-acto Knife on it during a 48-hour-without-sleep marathon to complete my final magazine project in college. And now that I read that anecdote, even it’s not very scintilating.
* Number of things in my past that I regret: Just two. But I’m not telling.
Life is like an onion: you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
~ Carl Sandburg