1. For Will to continue maximizing his potential
2. Embracing the true essence of myself
3. To see the finish line of that half marathon from the upright position.
4. To continue to get healthy and fit. I’m going to be in the best shape of my life in the not too distant future.
5. Two bathrooms
6. Health for my family and loved ones.
7. Happiness for my family and loved ones.
8. To spend some quality time with those I love.
9. Progress in my many writing projects.
11. A really relaxing, rejuvenating vacation.
12. A decent night’s sleep.
13. Boston Celtics: NBA Champs
14. Florida Gators: NCAA Football Champs.
15. A bigger kitchen
16. To hear the words “Jon Hamm, Party of Two” and be one of the two
17. A continued shrinking of my tuchus.
18. The sudden appearance of an organizational gene in me.
19. To see snow this year.
20. To see fall this year.
21. To be less guarded.
22. To get out of the house more.
23. To hear live music more frequently.
24. To tell the ones I love that I love them with greater frequency
25. To hear the words “Joseph Fiennes, Party of Two” and be one of the two.
26. The continued shrinkage of my belly.
27. A more tolerant, accepting, gentler society.
28. To have a week when my nails don’t look like a gorilla gave me a pedicure.
29. More than one decent night’s sleep in a row.
30. Longer legs and less wide feet (Hey, these are my wishes. They don’t have to be practical. Or feasible.)
31. Better knife skills in the kitchen.
32. To do some continuing education thing – whether it be studying Spanish or picking up where I left off on my Master’s (English Lit) or taking some real cooking classes.
33. For more good hair days than bad hair days.
34. To continue making new friends.
35. To find some dependable babysitters. (see Wish #22)
36. To get my sports website off the ground. For real. I mean it this time. Not kidding.
37. To spend more quality time in the kitchen.
38. To make progress organizing the myriad family photos I somehow have in my possession.
39. To actually grow a plant successfully. Without killing it.
40. To be the best choir urchin director I can be.
41. To learn one new skill.
42. To hear the words “Copeland (as in Stewart), Party of Two” and be one of the two.
43. To make a difference for the good in my world.
44. To FINALLY do that karaoke thing.
45. To have the chance to make 46 wishes same time next year.