8.27.2013

It's a bird, it's a plane -- it's TMI Tuesday!

Penny, you don't want to get into it with Sheldon. The guy is one lab accident away from being a super villain. 
~ Leonard Hofstadter

My blogging motto: when in doubt or in need of something about which to write, find that meme! TMI Tuesday is an oldie-but-naughty meme that often crosses the TMI line but also provides some good fodder for chatter. Here’s my take on a series of questions from a recent TMI Tuesday prompt… feel free to play along in the comments section!

1. When you were a child/teenager who was your favorite superhero and why? 

I’d have to say Wonder Woman. I was not a real “superhero” kind of girl when I was a lass (try to act surprised), but I did like Wonder Woman. Lynda Carter had great hair, didn't she – it was a total pageant 'do that was brunette like mine – and I loved her accessories. The bracelets, the tiara, the badass boots. The invisible plane. The hunky Air Force guys. Wonder Woman had it going on.





Same thing with Isis (as in Oh Mighty Isis! of Saturday morning fame. C'mon, you remember her. Bad acting, bad special effects, total kid catnip.) She was very stylish who often conjured things up using rhymes. Geeky Janey liked that a lot. I had friends who were very into the Bionic Woman, but I preferred my superhero chicks with the better wardrobe and baubles.




2. Which super villain is most like you and why?

I’m going to have to go with one of the myriad super villains from TV’s Batman, I do believe.
Catwoman, as played by… wait for it… Eartha Kitt. She defines diva in that cat suit. Diva, baby. Just look at her. Meow. I can’t purrrrrr like she does (my purr has been likened to the sound of a combustion engine -- hrumph -- but I do know some who would say that it was fairly effective… ahem) but I am all about the attitude.

Others that I feel kinship with include Ethel Merman as Lola Lasagne.

Because, well, it’s Ethel Merman.

 I feel compelled to burst into song upon seeing La Merman here in action, but I'll spare you. 



And then there was Liberace as Fingers.

Because he had the best cape ever, super villain or otherwise. Fabulous.

Liberace as a bad guy, in the '60s. More awesome than even I can fathom. Ta. Da.



3. If you had a super power what would it be and would you use it for good or evil.

Oh yeah. I have a couple that I’d like to have. Telepathy would be interesting, if only to use it on the opposite sex. Just for a little bit. Since I’m a’feared I’d get a little too ranty with this power. It would be better on a temporary basis.

 “Stop thinking about that girl’s boobs. No. Seriously. STOP IT. I HAVE BOOBS TOO, YOU KNOW.”

 “Yes I’ll hush now but we WILL pick this conversation up after the game.”

 “Aw. I love you too. Aren’t you adorable.

 Really though. Enough about that girl's boobs. You're ruining your sweet thoughts moment.”

I’d also like a little time transport action. If only to repair some of my more unfortunate decisions involving hair, clothing (yikes), hair (oh my), boys (both bad decisions and regrets) and well, hair.

Plus I’d be game to have the Mr. Freeze superpower. For when the hot flashes hit. I’ll be happy to share that one. Just ask.


<<<<< That place looks like a little slice of heaven. Ahhhhhh.





4. Do you own a superhero costume? When and where was the last time and place that you wore it?

No. No. And no. Have we just met?

I am not one for cosplay or comic cons or the like. I'd be the fish-out-of-water at Comic Con looking for the Archie comics display. Yeah. I know.


5. Have you ever had a sexual fantasy about a super hero/villain. Tell us about it.

Don’t think that I have, now that I ponder this. The whole damsel-in-distress thing isn’t really my bag. I tend to go a little more cerebral with such things. But that's another story or two for another time. 

Wait -- although I've never seen an Iron Man movie, I do find Robert Downey Jr. verrrrry attractive. Does that count? Probably not.

Hmmm. OK. This is as close as I'm going to get... I was quite fond of Val Kilmer’s Bat suit. Purrrrrrr. So there’s that.

No comments: