It's raining. I had an early St. Patrick's Day meal with my parents, which included a pint of green beer. And it's Friday afternoon.
I'm really trying to be good and disciplined about writing something -- anything -- everyday. But today just seems like it should be a Meme kind of day. I'm weenie-ing out, I know. But it's better than nothing, as it at least got my fingers on my ergonomic keyboard.
I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up five items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments, what is it?
1. Produce: Baking potatoes
2. Bakery: Cuban bread
3. Meat: Filet Mignon (two)
4. Frozen: Premium Ice Cream
5. Dairy: Sour cream
I would already have the Cabernet Savignon and butter at home.
See a theme here?
Let's say you’re heading out for a weekend liaison. You're only allowed to bring three articles of clothing with you. So, what's in your bag?
1. Matching bra & panties set (that counts as one)
3. Scarf *lascivious eyebrow raise*
Again with the theme thing...
If I was to listen in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what five phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?
2. Please. (as in, Oh. Please. Yeah, right.)
3. Good grief.
4. Shit. (sad but true)
So, what four things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn't get to do, you probably wouldn't be in the best mood?
1. Something musical -- whether listening or singing or both.
2. Get on-line. It’s my lifeblood.
3. Read. Something. Anything. Everything.
4. Eat. Even on The NutriSystem, I need to fuel the system. Or else things could get really bad. Like “There is no Jane, there is only Zhul” bad.
You're driving down the road, and suddenly you're hit with this sense of road rage. What three factors probably contributed to it?
1) People who refuse to move over into a left lane so I can merge safely onto the interstate and not have to drive a hundred yards on the median because they’re so unaware of the rules of common courtesy of the road.
2) People riding my tuchus. Chill, dudes. Chances are you’re just being an asshole because I know I’m driving fast enough.
3) People who turn reallyfast onto a street with moving traffic, end up in front of me and then go really really slow. GRRRRRRRRRR.
Sweet, you just scored a whole afternoon to yourself. We're talking a three hour block with nobody around. What five activities might we find you doing?
2. Taking a long, luxurious bubble bath with candles and wine and music.
3. Reading. Something. Anything.
4. Goofing off on-line.
We're going to the zoo. But, it looks like it could start storming, so it'll have to be a quick visit. What three exhibits do we have to get to?
1. Anything with baby/young animals. SO cute.
2. Giraffes. Love them.
3. Chimpanzees. Fun!
You just scored tickets to the taping of any show that comes on t.v. of your choice. You can pick four, so what are you going to see?
1. 30 Rock
2. Mad Men
4. Ugly Betty
You're hungry for ice cream. I'll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What three flavors can I pile on for ya?
1. Mint Chocolate Chip
2. Heath Bar
3. Rocky Road
Somebody stole your purse/wallet…in order to get it back, you have to name five things you know are inside to claim it. So, what's in there?
1. My voter’s registration card (wallet)
2. My ancient Aministy International membership card (wallet)
3. MAC Pop Mode lipglass
4. Moleskine notebook with pen attached
5. Orbitz Cinnamon Gum
You are at a job fair, and asked in what areas you are interested in pursuing a career. Let's pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what four careers would be fun for you?
1. Talk Show Host
2. Published author
3. Disc Jockey
4. Personal Shopper
If you could go back and talk to the old you, when you were in high school, and inform yourself of four things, what would you say?
1. All boys aren’t douchebags. Many are, but some really aren't. Promise.
2. It may be hard, but try not to be so shy. People do like you more than you realize.
3. Follow your dreams -- no matter what anyone does to dissuade you.
4. Never, ever think about straightening your hair. Or going blonde.